How to Request a Mass Intention
Praying for our loved ones, living and deceased, is a spiritual work of mercy and an important component of our Catholic faith. Whenever we have Mass, the priest-celebrant offers the Mass for a particular intention. That intention can be for a living person’s health, well-being, or needs, or the Mass can be offered for the eternal rest of a deceased person. One Mass is offered each weekend for the good of the entire Newman Community.
- Complete a Mass Intention Request envelope with donation and drop the envelope in the weekend offertory basket. You may also mail the envelope to us or drop it off during normal office hours. Envelopes are available on the Table in the Church lobby.
- Contact us by phone during normal office hours to schedule a Mass intention and to make your offering by credit card over the phone.
- We cannot accept Mass Intentions via email.
- Donations for Mass Intentions must be received at the time the intention is scheduled.
- In the Diocese of Raleigh, the minimum suggested donation for a Mass intention is $10.00. This donation helps to defray the costs of altar bread, wine, candles, and other consumables/items needed for the celebration of Mass.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Following this procedure will allow us to ensure that we accurately fulfill donor requests, and will assist our bookkeeping efforts to match donations with the appropriate Mass intention.