How to Request a Mass Intention
Praying for our loved ones, living and deceased, is a spiritual work of mercy and an important component of our Catholic faith. Whenever we have Mass, the priest-celebrant offers the Mass for a particular intention. That intention can be for a living person’s health, well-being, or needs, or the Mass can be offered for the eternal rest of a deceased person. One Mass is offered each weekend for the good of the entire Newman Community.
To request a Mass be said for an individual or family, you may:
- Fill out the form below. Donations for Mass Intentions must be received before the intention will be officially entered into the Mass schedule.
- Complete a Mass Intention Request envelope with donation and drop the envelope in the weekend offertory basket.
- Mail a Mass Intention Request to us or drop it off during normal office hours in the Activity Center. Envelopes are available on the table in the Church lobby.
- Contact us by phone during normal office hours to schedule a Mass intention and to make your offering by credit card over the phone. Donations for Mass Intentions must be received before the intention will be officially entered into the Mass schedule.
Donations can be submitted electronically.
- Only single individuals or families per each Mass Intention. For example: John Smith+ or Deceased members of the Smith Family OR John Smith or The Smith Family.
- We cannot accept Mass Intentions via regular email.
- Donations for Mass Intentions must be received before the intention is officially entered into the Mass schedule.
- In the Diocese of Raleigh, the minimum suggested donation for a Mass intention is $10.00. This donation helps to defray the costs of altar bread, wine, candles, and other consumables/items needed for the celebration of Mass.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Following this procedure will allow us to ensure that we accurately fulfill donor requests, and will assist our bookkeeping efforts to match donations with the appropriate Mass intention.